Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Thanks Dell


Last night I was asleep in my bed when my father awakes me with some alarming news. Dell has initiated a mass recall of it's laptop batteries. Apparently they are capable of overheating and I believe the term "explode into a fiery ball" came to my mind when he was describing(in detail) the possible complications of these faulty batteries. My father then tells me to take out the battery before the house burns down.

After some useless attempts I couldn't get the battery out at that time without a screwdriver. Being tired and just wanting to go to bed, I countered with the remarks "It's not even using the battery right now since it's plugged in," "It's not even on,"and "If the house burns down you can blame me." Unfortunately my Dad was not going to listen to any of those, so I jokingly state that we could just put it in the bathtub incase it should spontaneously combust. So guess where my laptop is now... That's right folks- it's in the bathtub. Apparently it was a genius idea. I got to sleep and Dad had peace of mind.

Dell, You can send me a new battery but I want those 15 minutes of sleep back.

Comments:
Part II:

I get home late last night, and Dad calls me into his bedroom. He proceeds to tell me the same unnerving story. Just to be safe, perhaps I should put my laptop in the tub with Michelle's. My arguments, while seemingly reasonable, fail to convince him.
1. My laptop is not a Dell but an APPLE.
2. I have turned the power OFF.
3. I have owned my laptop for over a year, and it has not exploded once.
I assured Dad I would take care of the matter. And so I did. I moved my laptop from the living room (where Dad would see it) to the floor of my bedroom. It was a death trap to be sure--lurking on carpet near wooden furniture.

When I awoke this morning, however, my laptop had not exploded.
 
haha. a laptop in the bathtub? Genius! I would not have thought of that. My laptop also, has not exploded. And I think we've had it for like 2 or 3 years now. It's an ancient beast. It weighs like 50 pounds. So if it does explode... I think it'd take the whole house with it. Sweeeet. I can just imagine the mushroom cloud over my house...
 
That's why you buy HP people...come on now!
 
Shameless promotion, Amb.
Heh, only kidding. Apple should really put me on the payroll considering I've become an unofficial spokeswoman.
 
They seriously should. And really I'm not that loyal to HP for heaven's sakes. I just saw the most hilarious video of a soldier in Iraq shooting up his HP all-in-one printer because it was a piece of crap. Pretty funny.
 
Thank you everyone for your concern, but I just want you to know that my laptop still hasn't exploded. I even found out mine wasn't even one of the ones recalled. So rest easy everyone.
 
Surprisingly enough, mine is still intact as well.
 
Well, if it didn't explode, did anyone try to take a bath while it was there? That would cause quite an excitement. I'd probably see the mushroom cloud from Peru!
 
Uh-oh Melissa!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210315,00.html
 
I think my battery might be one of the ones in danger. Oh, my foolish pride. Even so, my laptop still hasn't blown up.
 
Even so. Better stick it in the tub.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?